Buying an iPhone is usually a great experience. You’ve perhaps waited some time to get one and possibly saved up. Opening the box, admiring the iPhone, learning how to use it – these are all the enjoyable aspects of owning this great device. The one part of buying it you might not have enjoyed as much was paying for it.
Unfortunately, if you don’t have iPhone insurance, you may find yourself repeating the not so pleasant payment part again.
It hopefully goes without saying that iPhones are vulnerable to a number of risks that may end up with you reaching for your checkbook or credit card. These risks include the phone:
– being stolen;
– breaking down outside of manufacturer’s warranty period;
– being destroyed in an accident.
The role of insurance for iPhones
No insurance can stop any of these things happening to you but what it can do is to help with the financial and logistical costs involved.
The insurance provided for iPhones typically:
– helps you logistically by replacing your iPhone within 48 hours of a claim being accepted;
– also helps minimize the inconvenience by offering contact list backup facilities;
– covers insured risks wherever they arise in the world;